The books I most enjoyed reading this past year are:
1. Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Styxx. What can I say? Sherrilyn is an unbelievable storyteller. I’ve followed her Dark Hunter series from beginning to end. Styxx set me on my butt. It was unbelievably powerful. Just when you thought you knew what happened in the previous books and why, you see the same story from another character’s perspective and everything has new meaning. Wow. Just wow.
2. Julia Quinn’s Sum of All Kisses. I love Julia’s books. I could be in the foulest of moods and sit down with one of her books and the grey cloud would just magically disappear. She writes with wit and humor and it never fails to amuse me.
3. Jennifer LaRose’s Phantom Mischief. For many reasons, I loved reading this book. Jennifer is a friend of mine. She’s a great writer and creates wonderful characters. Phantom was particularly special to me because it was the first book in the Emerald Isle Fantasies to be released. My book, Ghostly Persuasion, is the third in the series and my heroine makes an appearance in Phantom Mischief. Likewise, Jennifer’s characters make a couple of appearances in Ghostly Persuasion. It was fun to collaborate with her and exciting to see the books come out.
My Reading Goals for 2014:
1. Read the rest of the Emerald Isle Fantasies series. I am ashamed to admit that I have both of the last two books, Selkie’s Rapture by Lena Leonson and Tell Me Your Secrets by Virginia Cavanaugh, but I haven’t stopped long enough to read them. I am such a bad friend!! And I know they are both going to great reads!
2. Switch over to my new Kindle Fire HD. I love my Kindle. I love the Kindle app on my phone. Now that I have a new toy, I need to get all my “to be read” books pushed over to the new device. Not all of my books are in my cloud so it’s a manual process. Then I need to clean out my old Kindle so I can officially hand it over to my 13 year old son. I read a lot of the books he reads, but he definitely doesn’t need to read a lot of the stuff I read.
3. Get caught up on Laurann Dohner’s New Species series. I am woefully behind on this series too. And I know Laurann!! She’s a wonderful person and a great writer. I even have Moon sitting right next to my bed!
4. Read at least one book on writing. There’s always room for improvement! If you have a suggestion on books on writing that helped you, let me know in the comments.
Now for the goodies…
There are prizes! Lots of prizes!! To be entered for the drawing, leave a comment here on my blog then follow this link to the Rafflecopter: Rafflecopter giveaway
To hop to the other sites, you can link back to Rachel’s site: http://www.rachelfirasek.com/